Monday, October 12, 2015

Nite games

AARRROOOO!! Whut a nite! at 2 firty by da clok, a tap, tap, tap started. Woke up da mama, not da papa. She gotted up wif a lite an' cud not find whut it wuz...back to bed. Cloze her peepers an' den "SKWAAYYEEEEEEEECHKK" putted chiwws down da spine. I did not get up, but Mama wuz awlreddy gettin' owt ov bed to cloze da doggy dore when she herd Vito go "THUMP" an' hed fer da dore. She did not get dere furst. Ran to da hand lite, gotted shooz, an' az I ran down da steps she sed, "STAY, ARF!" Why, it wuz like sumfin grabbeded me by da coller an' I stopped rite in my twax. She hedded owt da dore in her jammies an' one mor time sed, "No, Arf, stay." I fink I wuz hippotized cuz I cud not moov. I stayd. Now I watch owt da gwass dore an' see Mama shine da lite on Vito. He not com even wen she call him. He wuz hippotized by da SKWEEEEEEAAAYAEEECH!! noyz an' he wuz gonna get whutebber it wuz. He spooked da deers as he went down da fense...dey wuz sleepin' rite aganst it an' he kep goin' to da end of da yard. Mama wuz rite on hiz tale. She shined da lite to see if she cud find ize shinin' in da wuds. Nope. Cud be a fox. She finely cawt Vitos coller an poynted him to da howse. I cud heer her say "INNAHOWSE, VITO!" It wuz a mayzing. He went. To da howse. I opinned da doggy dore for him to com in. Mama wuz awl wound up at dis time but she hugged us bofe an' tole us how gud we wuz. An' she lokked da doggy dore. An' we gotted cukkies. An' she went to bed. I cud heer her toss an' turn. But wen she finely feww asweep, she feww hard. Did not heer da raydio. Did not heer me get up an' go down da steps. Barely cud moov wen da udder alarm rang. Did not beet us to da doggy dore. We cud not hode it dat long. She dwagged her sowwy butt down da steps an' went to get da payper towls.  She wuz not mad. Huh?? She sed she wuz stiww so pwowd ov us for bein' gud las' nite. Wow. Hadda rite dis wun. No wun wud beleev it if I did not. Do not offen heer da werds "gud" an' "Arfur" in da same breff.
Til nex' time,
Arfur

No comments:

Post a Comment