Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday in Mishygun

Dis morning wuz reelly bizzy wif evrybuddy puttin' on dere waddle shurts an' pins an' lookin' owta da windoe an' sayin', "Yu fink it wiww stop rainin'?" Da hoomans DRAGGED us owtside to potty - hey! I don't wanna go owt dere! It's wet! An' Mama wuz werried cuz she still wuz not feewin' grate. It wuz deesided dat we wud go down an' vizit wif evrywun but not go to da pawrade itself. We habbed awlreddy gotted owr ribbins an' sined up, but it wuz rainin' wifowt stoppin'. So we gotted to see 'most evrywun an' Mama wuz a-shoppin' agan an' tawkin' away when Papa sed - ware iz Arfur? At leest dat iz whut he musta sed - I wuzn't dere. I wuz followin' my noze to a room full ov peeple and dat room smewwed wike BACON. Da peeples wer very nice an' a lady gotted my leesh an' taked me back to my daddy. She sed,"Is dis yer dog? He came into owr church surviss." Daddy cud not beleev it an' he cawled Mama an' tole her ware I habbed gon. I reelly jus' wanted to sho dem dat I trooly hab becom a gud boy - dats my story an' I stikkin' to it!

Da rest ov dat day iz a blur. Dey tawked an' tawked an' vizited an' I am finkin' dat if I weev sumwun owt dey wiww get mad at me. But if I putted da hole list ov lovin' anties I meeted, it will fill dis hole story an' den som! Waaay ober 50 ov yu! Sum I nebber met befor...dat iz mor dan 20 an' tons ov ole frens dat we seed befor. I kin fit da noo wuns I gess: Cathi, Cindy, Kathy, Marty, Wendy, Linda, Susan, Donna, Pam, Pat, Sandi, Jodie, Doug an' Cathy, Lisa an' Gail, Michelle 'n' Chris, Debbie, Melissa an' mor! Ok, da ole list ov peeple dat petted me befor: Angelika, Sharon, Sandi, Amanda, Dawn 'n' Rich, Marion, Marilyn, Cathy, Nancy, Donna 'n' Bob, Frank 'n' Diana, Ilene, Barbara, Bonnie, Pat, Suz, Barb an' Mike, Kay, Kathy an' da list goze on! I jus' am shur I fergotted sumbuddy - if I did pleez fergiv diss howndy brane. It wuz jus' so much fun but it shur made Vito an' me reelly tard. What? Yu no...tard...sleepy - yep dats it! Da neetest fing wuz wen I wuz restin' in da lobby, a liddle gurl came up to me, sat rite on da flore in front of me an' started to smoosh and skritch an' luv on me. [sigh] I luvved it. Mama wuz amazed.

Da day ended grate fer da hoomans I gess, but Vito an' me gotted to sleep in da car 'till dey camed bak smewwin' wike fud! (Dey did share wif us, tho, an we gotted kaysadeeyas - CHEEZY wuns(!!) on da rode goin' home on Munday) Dey sed it wuz da bestest dinner dey ebber went to - warm an' frendly an' full ov wunnerful peeples, gud fings an' wotsa hugs an' stuff too. Mama sed she nebber felt so...weww, she cud not describe it, but it wuz nice an' she shared it wif us.

An' awl 'n' awl we fownd dat we awl travel gud togevver - Mama an' Papa an' Vito an' me. It wuz a sooper grate adbencher.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your telling your adventure, Arfur. I know you had a wonderful time....so did I!
    Antie, Pam

    ReplyDelete